Shortsighted and time-bound mortal minds should be slow to criticize the time delays of the farseeing and all-wise administrators of universe affairs. 
On Paradise, disappointment is never regarded as defeat; postponement is never looked upon as disgrace; the apparent failures of time are never confused with the significant delays of eternity.  The mansonia life early teaches the young morontia pupils that postponement is in no sense avoidance. 
Between reasons for delay are: 
- Mercy requires that every wrongdoer have sufficient time in which to formulate a deliberate and fully chosen attitude.
- Supreme justice is dominated by a Father’s love.
- No affectionate father is ever precipitate in visiting punishment.
- Wisdom and love admonish the upright children to bear with an erring brother.
- It is required an unqualified sovereignty to exercise summary jurisdiction.
- The Ancients of Days seldom execute wrongdoers without a full hearing.
- It is better to stay away from the rebels and allow the rebellion to take its natural course of self-destruction.
- It is better to allow the rebels free course to the end that all sympathy for these evildoers should be the sooner uprooted in the heart.
- It is needed to foster full opportunity for every living creature to mature a deliberate choice in any matter.
- Full disclosure and unlimited opportunity for sin-expression is the quickest technique of achieving the perfect and final cure of the plague of evil and sin.
- At least three times the number of beings are led astray if arbitrary or summary methods of suppression are attempted.
- Time, even in a universe of time, is relative. Sometimes time is shorter than we think.